RE: Window Tint

Mike,
     I just bought a 325i that lived in Florida, with nicely tinted
windows.  I brought it back to Maryland, which only allows 35% tint, so
it did not pass inspection and the tinting had to be removed.  So you
might want to consider what most states allow when you tint, just in
case you ever sell the car out of state.
     My first move after the car passed inspection, was to have the
windows tinted again.  I think it makes the car look much better, and
functionally it makes it more comfortable with regard to outward vision
as well as controls the heat and fading to an extent.  I also find that
35% has no real negative affect on nighttime vision for me either.  So
I'm an advocate of tinting.
     Mine came with a lifetime warranty, and it's one of those that is
offered by the nationwide tint manufacturer itself, through whatever
shop installs it.  I did have to have the driver side front door window
redone, as the window seal was very tight and was causing the tint to
pull away slightly at the bottom when the window was rolled down and
over the seal at the bottom.  I was told that tight seals are common on
BMWs, and the fix was to re-apply the tint but to take it down below the
seal line during installation so that when the window is rolled down
there's no lip of tinting to catch.
     One thing to keep in mind is that you cannot roll down your windows
for three days after the tint is applied, so you might want to plan
having it done when that will be convenient.
     I've got photos on my website of my 325i with deep tint, but my car
is Boston Green Metallic.  I've also got photos of my Alpine White
Porsche 924S for sale right now with 35% tinted windows. Let me know if
you want the links.

Thanks,
Ed
http://lightandsilver.com

<snip>
> Im thinking of getting my cars windows tinted.  My only issue
> with this is what will it look like?  I prefer to not have
> any tint at all, but its been sooo hot lately, and the rear
> top carpet area under the rear window is purple now, not black.
>
> Does anyone have any pictures of a White E36 M3 or just white
> E36 with tint?  I'm trying to decide what I want.  Maybe a
> lesser % but even all around the car (drivers, pass, and all
> rear?)  or just the rear 3 windows?  I dunno ;)  Links to
> pictures appreciated :-)
>
> I also need suggestions on where to go.  Does anyone live in
> the Coastal Orange County  (LA) area and have any
> suggestions?  I'd like something with a warranty of some
> kind, and somewhere reputable.
<snip>