[E28] OBC language still German

I'm going to try this one again - last time I got two responses, but neither
work on an E28.

After reconnecting the battery, how in the world do I set the language back
to Egnlish, so it reads MPG instead of L/100, etc.?  The 1000/10 combination
that works on E34/E36 doesn't do it, and the recessed button in the corner
seems to only be used to actually set the time/date.  BMW (owner's manual),
Bentley, and Haynes all seem to overlook this one.

Where are the E28 gurus?

Thanks in advance...
Aaron
'87 528e