E36 - can you adjust the glovebox latch?

I had the glovebox out over the weekend to replace the microfilter, and
now the gap between the door and the strike is now an ugly quarter of an
inch wide when it's latched.  Does anyone know if you can adjust the latch
or strike to close the gap, and if so how?

BTW - The Bentley manual is almost totally worthless for that particular
task - doesn't mention the huge 10mm bolt behind the light that caused me
to waste at  least an hour or so scratching my head in disbelief...  : )

Dave Via
94 325iC