Re: bmw-digest V9 #2147

You could rewire or depending on the radio you can get an adapter that
allows you to plug newer radios into older BMWs.  Sorry, I don't have the
p/n but I have heard from several sources that the adaptors exist.

Only big challenge would be if you want a CD changer, you will need to run a
new cable to the trunk.  Also, some features of the new radios won't work
without additional wiring. Like, speed dependent volume adjustment.

t.