E30 Rear door locks and mystery button

I'm finally getting around to looking into a problem on my wife's 325i
4-door.
>From the time we bought the vehicle last year, the rear door locks have
never operated in unison with the front or trunk locking mechanism. What
should I be checking for first in figuring out why the rear door locks are
not operational?

Also, in the front console there's a rectangular to the left of the HAZARD
and DEFOG buttons which looks to show an icon of a lightning bolt. I have no
idea what it is, can't find it in manuals, and the previous owner thinks
it's an electric circuit reset button. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance for all/any advice/help!

Monty

87 325is
87 325i 4-dr
83 R80RT