Re: duracool & exploding BMW air conditioning systems

Gasoline is also extremely flammable...... at 30+ PSI.
But, we don't have any problems with fuel injection.
and Btw, HFC-134a is also quite flammable......
Why did the government select the rather toxic ( testicular cancer?  etc......)
Dupont HFC-134a
over the hydrocarbon refrigerant alternatives.....?

The reports out of Australia regarding the hydrocarbon refrigerants in cars have
been very positive......
I wonder why this cheaper, less toxic ,very effective solution was not pursued  or
studied over here before HFC-134a was selected......

Who is the EPA protecting : Dupont or us ?

Henri