re: Paint Shops in DC Area

    I had a major paint job done, - front grill area, hood, tops of front
fenders and top of car - on a Boston Green 1996 328i.

    My insurer, USAA, covered most of it and I went to one of the shops they
recommended, Zamora's in Rockville.

    They did an excellent job of matching the paint, had an outside guy come
in and hand paint the custom pin striping (they took a Polaroid of it before
painting over it so the fellow would know exactly what it looked like).
They were courteous, pleasant to deal with, etc.

    My only complaint was that they kept the car for a full seven days.  I
guess if you really had to have it back quickly, in a case like yours, you
could let them know ahead of time and they could schedule you at a time when
they are not so busy.

    Good luck,
    Seeker