Clutch and steering work

I am about to tackle two projects on my 88 325is, and
thought that I would check here for any advice before
hand.  First, is the replacement of the clutch master
and slave cylinders.  Looks straight forward and
should be no problem.  One question though:  When
bleeding the slave cylinder, is it advisable to bleed
it before mounting it or should it be ok to mount then
bleed?  I did read a note that stated to bleed it
while not mounted to the transmission if you have
trouble getting all of the air out.  Since it will be
out already, should I bleed it at that point?  I will
be bleeding it using a homemade pressure bleeder.
I'll post pics and part numbers on how I built it in
the near future.

Second, I am about to rebuild my steering rack.  I
have the seal kit and new boots.  Is there anything
that I should know before doing this?  It looks like a
standard high pressure hydraulic actuator, and should
be similar to rebuilding one.  Are there any special
tools involved in rebuilding the rack?  Is this
something that an ex-aircraft mechanic with some
experience in hydraulics can do, or is it better left
to a shop that specializes in these?  Again, if I do
this, I'll photograph along the way and publish a web
page on the process when done.

Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

Tim
88 325is
98 328is
69 Fiat/Jerrari Spider