RE: Sunroof Deletion Adds Lightness!

- -----Original Message-----
From: Hans Conser [mailto:conser@domain.elided]

> Some people disagree with me about the sunroofs, and hey,
> it is a free country (mostly)!  I'm just trying to convert
> as many Bimmer drivers as I can, and I think the facts are
> on my side:  Why pay money for a noisy, heavy, headroom-
> robbing hole in your BMW's roof?

Because you love them?

> Greg, the lighter car will handle better and be funner to
> drive.

If only he could really tell the difference...

And while you're at it, you might as well delete the stereo,
since that is all a bunch of extra weight that hurts handling
and acceleration, costs a bunch of money and only serves as
a distraction while driving.

I would say to get all of the soundproofing in the car deleted,
since that is very heavy, and there is a bunch of it in the
headliner, but then there would be too much noise, which
promotes fatigue.  All of the carpeting is fair game, though.

Does BMW even make cars with roll-up windows?  All those
motors and wires must weigh a lot and you'd get the bonus
of elimination of potential failures in that system.

Hans, you really make me laugh!  I think there is merit in
your idea, though -- you should find a cooperative new car
buyer and commit to purchase their car in a few years for a
set price in exchange for influence on setting the options
now.  Hey, we have surrogate mother contracts, why not this?

Regards,
Mike Kohlbrenner