Sunroof Deletion Adds Lightness!

on 5/4/02 7:53 PM, bmw-digest at owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided wrote:

> Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 09:36:29 -0700
> From: "G. Steinke" <g_steinke@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: M3 Coupe
>
> I'm with Hans on this, particularly for the Coupe. I'm 6'2". Not huge. If a
> Coupe has a sunroof, I can barely fit, my hair brushes the roof. But if I
> were to go to a track day with a helmet, it would be impossible. How much
> more headroom is there in the Coupe w/o sunroof?
>
> We will not get a sunroof in my wife's 325iT. But mainly due to cost. My
> wife doesn't even want to pay the $475 for metallic paint, so we're going to
> get a white one. We'll have the lightest 325iT around - no power seats, no
> sunroof, no wood trim...
>
> Greg

Good!

Some people disagree with me about the sunroofs, and hey, it is a free
country (mostly)!  I'm just trying to convert as many Bimmer drivers as I
can, and I think the facts are on my side:  Why pay money for a noisy,
heavy, headroom-robbing hole in your BMW's roof?

Greg, the lighter car will handle better and be funner to drive.  And white
paint is made from titanium right?  And everybody knows titanium is light...

; )

Hans "Sunroofs Suck" Conser