RE: Best metal conductor cleaner?

I second the warning against sandpaper.  I'm a collector of vintage
pinball machines which is basically a wooden cabinet full of 500 lbs. of
contacts and relays.  The first thing I look for when buying a machine
is the telltale signs of sandpaper cleaning of contacts.  If I see it, I
stay away.  The machine is sure to be mess, if not now, later.

The best way to clean contacts on a pinball machine is with a thin piece
of cardboard (like a business card).  You "sand" the contact with the
cardboard and enough of the oxidation comes off to make the contact
stable.

Henry