RE: dunlop sp5000 or Bridgestones RE950's

I had SP5000 (225/50/16 Asymetric) on my (recently departed) Audi A4
1.8tq.  They were fantastic all round tires, the main failing was that
they didn't stop that well in deep snow.  The quattro system got the car
moving, but putting on the brakes had little effect on the car's forward
motion.  Dry weather, wet weather and slush there was no problem at all,
they were good all season tires.

Never tried the RE950s, however, I had the RE930 (18") on my old 87
Porsche 928.  They were fantastic in dry and wet conditions and were
very stable at 165mph, however in cold weather they are like riding on
hockey pucks.

Regards

Jamie Howton
2002 330i 5 Speed Steel Blue Metallic SP PP
     CWP 18" M V Spoke Wheels
1987 Porsche 928 S4 5 Spd Diamond Blue Metallic
1979 Porsche 928 5 Spd Opalmetallic
http://www.howton.net