e30 seat dismantle

I've reupholstered the driver seat in my '91 318is. It wasn't too hard just
time consuming and hard on your hands. Each cushion is separate. The new
covers just slip over the old cushion, (Mine were in good shape except for
the left bottom bolster) and then need to be stitched together. It's just a
utility sitch so ugly is okay. The cushions are held on to the seat frame
wires with little brass C clamps. That is where the heavy handwork goes.
Getting your hand in the right position and then clamping the C is a pain,
and there are a ton of them. It was around $200 to do, but well worth it and
much cheaper than any other alternative. I also had the same gray
herringbone pattern that you do. Now I have to get working on the passenger
side.