From: owner-bmw@domain.elided [mailto:owner-bmw@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Elcrinv@domain.elided
Sent: Friday, March 29, 2002 5:29 PM
To: bmw@domain.elided
Subject: 235/45/17 tire questions

I had the same question last month. After fooling around in Tire Rack's web
site all I could find was high performance stuff. I wanted a tire that was
quiet, had good wear characteristics, was OK in rain and didn't cost an arm
and a leg. I use Blizzaks for six months so snow handling wasn't a problem.
They go on a 528iT which we use for touring and rarely approach 90mph.
I called Tire Rack and Steve recommended the Pirelli P6000 SP Veloce. At
$121
they sound like exactly what I want.
Hope this helps
Fred Callender RMC