E36 radiator blow up

Paul, this is a common problem with the plastic endtank radiators on the
newer BMW's.  I fixed mine with some JB Weld and it was okay for about 3
weeks, then I redid it with a metal tube inside the plastic tube the hose
clamps on and lots of JB Weld, that got me through fall and winter, but it
was starting to leak again so I got a new radiator for about $160 from
http://www.importpartsspec.com/shop/default.htm

Good luck,

Hans

P.S.  IF you didn't drive it hot it should be fine