Re: bmw-digest V9 #2087

Mike,

I put Intrax on mine.  Got them off Ebay for about $75.

http://www.intraxsuspension.com/products.shtml
http://www.findarticles.com/cf_dls/m0BUX/9_31/64836130/p1/article
.jhtml

here are some Racing Dynamics springs....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181
5331145&r=0&t=0

The ride is firmer and I DEFINTELY need to put in some Sport
shocks to keep them in check as the rebound is overwhelmed by the
stiffer spring.

Ride is fine by me.  My non perfomrance car driving wife likes
them.

Roads in my area (central VA) are decent to bumpy.  Prior owner
sold them because he had to deal with speed bumps and rough
roads.  You do have to creep over speed bumps.

Car looks way better.  Tires fit in the arches instead of "ready
for the flood" position.

The turn in response feels much improved.  Less of a lag between
input and the car taking a set and turning.  Much less pitch as
well.  Rate front to rear seems well balanced with no drastic
balance changes in on the limit cornering.

Installation was a snap if you have ever removed a strut or done
front control arms.  Rent a spring compressor from Advance or
some place like that.

Do it you won't regret it.

Ric