newbie 99 540/6

Good Day:

I took possession of my new 99 540i six speed yesterday morning from a
local owner. The car has about 13 months of warranty left but plan to
keep the car for a long period of time.  I am a refugee from the Audi
Digest, having converted my V8 and Porsche into one car with a warranty
for simplicity and sanity purposes.   I have no issues with the car
excepting what I normally start thinking about in connection with
aftermarket performance stuff.  I am soliciting either off or on digest
about 5k), suspension, chips, exhaust, etc.  In my prior (and hopefully
future, the General's help included) Alfa days, I have used Remus and
Stebro with good results. I don't expect to do anything which will void
the warranty and may wait until this is expired.

It is nice being back in the BMW fold after more than 20 years.  My
first drive was in a 1969 2002 at age 17 which got me into a used 71'
Bavaria some years later and the last 320i in 1982 (a slug).  I look
forward to hearing from digesters about their thoughts and suggestions.

Andy Kushner