what liter and brake ind lights

Hello All
2 questions?
How can I tell what size liter engine I have for sure. A friend of mine
looked at the bmw sticker on the strut tower under the hood and said that I
had a 2.5 liter. When I looked at it it was a long number with 2.5v in the
lettering. I thought M3 were either 2.8 or 3.0?

Second question. I have two panel lights that come on(well one stays on).
The brake panel indicator looks like this (O)which stays on, and the other
one that blinks on when I change gear is the brake fluid indicator. I looked
at the brake fluid in the reservoir and it may be a little below the line.
My questions are does the (O) indicator mean that the brake pads are low and
does this signal come from the brake pad wear sensor? Which brake fluid is
best to use and if Iadd that little bit to the reservoir will it resolve
turn the lights off?

I don't have access to a lot of tools and I don't have a garage. So the most
I can maybe do is take the wheels off and take a gander at the brake pads.

Thanks
Paul 95 M3