Bilstein vs. Boge Shocks, Bilsteins are BAD NEWS IMHO

I don't have enough miles on Boges to have a good idea on their longevity,
but I have bought a lot of Bilsteins, and have had many warranty claims,
much more than their advertising would leave you to believe.

For example the last set of four I bought had two rears blow out, one at
12K, another at 17k, and a front went at 24K.  Actually the second rear blew
out with only 3000 miles because they sent a pair to replace the one bad
one, so it was new too.

After this I went with the Boges because who has the time?  I prefer the
handling of the bilsteins but can't stand the hassle.

Maybe its climate related as they always seem to go when it is cold.  The
other thing is when they go they go, complete loss of damping; so at least
you can tell.

Hans Conser