thinking of buying a used e46

Hello,
I am considering the purchase of a MY2000 323iT. Are there any known faults
in this model year? For example, I have a MY1992 E36, and I have experienced
the common faults like bad water pump, bad coils, blistering door panels. I
checked out some E46 web sites, and nothing seemed to be endemic to this
year. It's not the first year for the E46, so hopefully many of the bugs
would have been worked out. It is the first year for the E46 wagon, but I
think that the sedan and wagon are close enough that there won't be so many
new pieces in the wagon.
The 2001 and later have more hp, but the 2000 actually has more torque
according to bmwusa.com, so that difference should be pretty minor. And the
2000 doesn't have the overboosted steering of the 2001.

So it looks like a safe bet, but I'd like to consult the wisdom of the list.
Had I done so before purchasing my 92 E36, I would have saved myself some
hassle.

Thanks
Greg
g_steinke@domain.elided