(no subject)

Sounds like you're amplifier is not being powered up.
Did you use a harness or did you hardwire it?
Also if you are grounding any of the speakers or wires are touching it will
cause the radio to cut out, sometimes it's that channel sometimes the whole
radio.
Check you're connections
Sincerely,
Demetri

Subject: E36: Aftermarket CD Deck = No sound

Hi everyone, hope someone can help me out!

This weekend I installed an aftermarket CD player into my '97 E36 to replace
the stock cassette deck. The deck seems to work fine except I have no sound
output. It seems to be the way the speakers are wired up, is there some sort
of amp I have to bypass? I did notice a big black wire attached with the
Antenna lead that says "amp" on the wire. I'm not sure what to do with this
wire, or if it has anything to do with my speakers getting no sound. Any help
is greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
serge.maillet@domain.elided

Dr. Demetrios Matsoukas