Re: b<E30> Voltage Drop summary and new Battery question

Aaron -

I've had very good luck with a good old DieHard from Sears in my 87 325.  I
replace them preventively every five years and they always had lots of life
left in them when I replace them.  A five year old one will start the car
at -25F no problem.    The battery tray is big enough for the next size up
battery - group 49 instead of the stock group 48 if I recall correctly.  I
always get the bigger battery.  Costs $10 more for a much bigger capacity
battery.  (At one point they were called the "International" diehard)

The yahoo at the sears auto counter always tells me that the larger battery
will fry my alternator and he makes me sign a silly waiver, but he knows
little of what he speaks.

Tony.
'87 325.  222,222 miles on 02/19/2002