E30 low beams

Folks,
I've caught a rock with my driver side low beam big enough to punch a hole
through the lens. After some rain last week enough water had accumulated in
the lens to form a little fish bowl that eventually got the better of my 13
year old bulb.
Now I'm faced with the options of either buying a new bulb and patching the
13 year old sand blasted ellipsoid low beam or shopping for a
replacement/upgrade. I would welcome any and all recommendations for
replacement low beams, along with info on where to buy the lenses, how well
they fit the E30 headlight brackets and any insight into how much rewiring
is involved.

TIA,
alex f
'89 325i