E36: Odometer/Trip no display?

Dear fellow BMW enthusiasts:

Today while driving, my digital odometer and trip meter went dim to the point
where I can hardly see the display. In the dark, it's somewhat visible but
still very dim. Does the unit have some sort of light bulb in there that I can
have replaced by the BMW dealership or do I have to get a brand new unit.
Looks like it still works.. as the display is still calculating the right
mileage. Any help / advice is greatly appreciated!! Thanks in advance for all

Serge Maillet  - '97 BMW 328i
serge.maillet@domain.elided

End of bmw-digest V9 #2037