re: auto tranny help in Oregon

Hello gruppen:

I just got a call via the CCA friends of BMW directory from a young Dan
Smith, Inland Empire CCA member who is marooned at the K-Mart parking
lot in Albany, Oregon, with a blown 735 automatic transmission.  He is
looking for a used unit that he can get for a reasonable price, sounds
like he may be of the student persuasion, and double whammy, had his
wallet stolen a couple of days ago.  His transmission is a 4speed
ZF4HP22, a non-electronic unit.  He would be interested in any
transmission that would bolt up.

I'll try calling a couple of shops, used yards, tomorrow morning, and
will pass along any leads you all might send through me.  He is
incommuncado except via pay phone, so he will call me tomorrow to see if
we've scared anything up, or if any of you might be closer to him could
lend a hand w/ logistics.

Steve Poland
Portland, OR
(H) 503 244-7115  polands@domain.elided