RE: car stereo install questions

Hi m.

I have a '92 E34 Touring, and have put in an Alpine head unit a couple of
months back.

I bought a standard BMW to ISO (? I think it's called ISO - it was two
rectangular connectors that fit most head units) connector from a local
parts dealer. I was pretty much as simple as that. I think the power et al
was supplied from the BMW plug fitting.

I didn't bypass anything. The Alpine is 35 watts per channel and I've never
got it anywhere near halfway, so I guess it's fine. I hope your flakey
channel was in the head unit and not a dodgy connection elsewhere :)

I replaced a Pioneer unit that came with the car, but I don't know if any
other audio components were upgraded previously, but I do know the 5 series
audio sounds better than my E36 did.

BB