Re: E46 2001 rear bumper body shop woes - Memphis

Gary,
The best advise I can volunteer is to chill out.
As far as we know the body shop has mistakenly ordered a wrong rear bumper
shroud.
Give them a call and alert them to your discovery. I bet their will
volunteer to make you happy.

good luck,
alex f

|---------+--------------------------->
|         |           Gary  Purdy     |
|         |           <gpurdy@wucpas.c|
|         |           om>             |
|         |           Sent by:        |
|         |           owner-bmw@digest|
|         |           .net            |
|         |                           |
|         |                           |
|         |           01/12/02 06:50  |
|         |           PM              |
|         |                           |
|---------+--------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                               |
  |        To:      "'bmw-digest@domain.elided'" <bmw-digest@domain.elided>                                             |
  |        cc:                                                                                                    |
  |        Subject: E46 2001 rear bumper body shop woes - Memphis                                                 |
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

We have a steel blue 2001 325i sedan with sport package.  Unfortunately,
the
back end was smashed by a Ford Explorer.

Without going into detail here, I have been extremely disappointed with the
service we have received from Joe Stewart Body Shop.  They are the
recommended body shop of the dealer here in Memphis.(I will be happy to
share the details with anyone that may be interested - my complaints are
too
long to list here.)

A major concern is that the bumper that has been replaced on the car is not
the same style as the original one.  Because I was so distracted with the
other problems, I did not notice this until I was detailing it today and
that was not something I would anticipate to be wrong.

Since it is the weekend, the shop is closed (although I will be there first
thing on Monday morning) and could not contact anyone there.  I did go to
our dealership and viewed several different E46 models of different years
and did not see any that had a bumper like the one that was put on my car.
My salesman or the sales manager could not tell me what year or model it
was
from.  The parts department was closed.

Does anyone have any ideas of what may have happened?  If the replacement
bumper was not the exact match as the original I would have expected to
have
been informed.  Does BMW have different bumpers that they supply as
replacements?

The thought of taking my car back and have them even TOUCH it again sends
chills up my spine!!

Any suggestions either on here or to my email (gpurdy@domain.elided) would be
greatly welcome.

Gary Purdy  CCA member #198958