From: G. Steinke [mailto:g_steinke@domain.elided]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 9:53 AM
To: bmw@domain.elided; conser@domain.elided
Subject: Re: E36 Drivability Problems

Hans,
My E36 had a driveability problem like yours. Severe stumble on tip in from
low rpm. But mine did it when cold, and cleared up when hot, so your
mechanic is not really right on that. The problem was in fact two of the
coils, which are a known weak spot on the E36 I6 engine. The two bad coils
made the whole engine stumble at low rpm. The mechanic I went to was able to

diagnose it with a test.

Summary - it could be the coils, as my similar problem was caused by the
coils.

Good luck
Greg