E30 325 Eta opinions needed.

I have a 1987 325 Eta that is fully modified with the exception of the
engine.  The suspension, wheels, tires, steering, and interior all have
significant modifications.  The problem is that I now want it to go fast
as well as handle well.  I am throwing around different options.

A)  Rebuild the Eta Engine with modifications
B)  Buy and rebuild a non-ETA engine with modifications
C)  Buy a rebuilt ETA or non-ETA engine with upgrades
D)  Convert to a 3.0 or 3.2 M3 engine (price probably limits to 3.0)

I was wondering what other people have done, what is recommended, and
how much horsepower can be extracted from the ETA engine.  I am new to
engine rebuilding, but I am not afraid of it, and am not new to working
on other mechanical automotive tasks.  This is not a driver, and so it
will be out of commission for a while (eithre 6 months or 18 months) so
timeis not really a consideration.

I would prefer to rebuild this engine, as it will give me experience
that I would not get buying a rebuilt engine.  But I do not want to be
limited to <200 HP

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Scott Olson