E36 Drivability Problems

My mechanic says a bad coil that only shows up when very hot, so I have a
coil ordered and plan to start swapping one at a time. Would one bad coil
cause the whole engine to stumble?
Today the check engine light came on briefly, and it was the code for the
O2 sensor heater and heater relay.
I'm thinking the O2 heater should be good as it is so new, but am
considering ordering a new relay, or maybe testing the current one, but
testing seems like it could be a waste as the problem is intermittent.

The O2 sensor should not cause this problem. If you think it has something
to do with it just disconnect it. The coil sounds like a possible problem.
After all it produces the spark for the whole engine, and would cause
systemic problems like you have described.

Scott

End of bmw-digest V9 #2024