Re: seasonal rim/tire storage

Can't see how it would do damage.  I've been storing my wheels like this for
years.  I do insert a piece of cardboard between each wheel to prevent
marring of the rims.  Also, you might want to drape it all in plastic.
Loosely drap it to keep dust out but allow moisture to escape.  Maybe poke a
few holes in the top.

Now, I have heard of guys who place a piece of high density foam on the
bottom of the whole stack.  The theory being that the foam gives instead of
the tire thereby avoiding flat spots.  I'm just not that anal.