Re: E-30 engine woes

I guess you gotta ask yourself - "what's this car worth"?  Doesn't make
sense to sink $3,000 into a new engine if, in the end, you have yourself a
$5,000 car with a really nice engine.  Especially if you're thinking about
upgrading to a e36 in the near future.

I would first find out what's wrong with it, then do the absolute minimum to
keep the thing running until you get the new car.