92 750iL Transmission?

I have a 92 750iL with 105k miles on it. This is my first winter with it
(Philadelphia PA).

Today was our first snowfall of the season. The car started fine and ran fine
on my 26 mile drive to work.  At 7pm , the EML light came on after starting
the car three times then cleared on the 4th start.

The drive home felt wierd.  The when slowing the engine seemed to get down to
1000 RPM then kick up to about 1100.   It did this the whole ride home (26
miles).  Any opinions?

Thanks.
, John McCawley