E28 M535 Automatic Transmission

Hi,

I own an E28 '85 M535iA with an automatic transmission with a mileage of
around 100K.

I have a problem with the transmission. When I put the shifter on 1st gear,
everytime when I cruise around 3500 rpm or more and be at a stable speed, the
second gear is engaged for one or two seconds and then comes back first
repeately, but if I accelerate, it doesn't do it. It only occurs when I
release the accelerator to be at a stable position and a stable speed. I have
changed the ATF oil and have installed at the same time new pipes on the
transmission coling line, they where bad, but it did'nt resolve the problem.
Do I need to replace or rebuild the transmission ?

Is it possible to install in replacement a manual transmission ? Which parts
do I need to change for that ? Do I need to replace also something like the
computer or the chip?

Thanks for your help.

Dany

M535iA '85 100Kmi