Re: E36M3 rear end rattle/clunk

First of all Id like to thank everyone who replied to my post.

Finally after 8 months of annoying rattling and clunking I have identified
the source.  First I have to tell you that the rattle started right after
the H&R Sport/Bilstein Sport/BMP-RSM install.  I had to eliminate on at a
time:

Fist I changed the rear shocks, didn't help.  Second went the RSM (Rear
Shock Mounts) didnt help (I changed to E46 convertible).  Last piece was
the spring and guess what, as soon as we changed the springs to ACS (AC
Schnitzer) the rattle went away!  Not only that but I got a much nicer ride
quality and the drop is exactly the same (front and rear).

ACS sells a set for an M3  springs, struts and shocks.  You can't piece it.
  Shocks are valved specifically for the spring's rate and made by Bilstein.
  Bilsteins are black with blue label.  Springs are made by Eibach and carry
ACS "badges".  Front spring is black and the rear is blue.

Hope this will help someone one day.  It drove me crazy for a long time.
I've heard of two cases if 99M3 rattles after H&R Sport upgrade.

Regards,

Vitaliy