Sluggish start

'92 325i with relatively new battery (the first last 8 years!).

I changed my inside filter recently and disconnected the battery as per
instructions--since then, the car is sluggish in cranking.  The battery
shows it's charged according to the indicator, but I'm trickle charging
it just in case.  Got new oil change with the spec 15w40 (and it is
getting cold in NJ).

I've cleaned the connection on the battery well and tightened them too.

Anything else that might be going on...car has 98K miles.

Thanks folks, appreciate any thoughts you may have.

Doug