E30 Turn Signal flashing Issue

I have a problem with one light flashing fast with dim light both front and
back and the other fine.
Here is what I have done. Replaced the flasher, no change. replaced the turn
signal stalk, no change. Noticed that if the lights were pulled on the flash
would slow down but still be a little too fast.
I suspected a bad ground and looked at the rear light and found a cracked
lead so I put some di-electric grease on it to see if that would help the
connection. I checked the front and nothing looks a miss. I put dielectric
grease on both bulbs to make sure the connections were good but no change. I
am stumped. Am I missing something? I have a Bentley manual but don't think
I have missed anything. The only think I know is that I had a keyless entry
system put in and noticed when installing the turn signal stalk that the
installers had put a few connectors on some wiring. I recall everything
worked fine after the install but for the sake of being complete, I mention
this. Any help appreciated.

End of bmw-digest V9 #2015