93 E34 540i computer and intrument panel problems

Hello all

I have a 93 540 and have recnetly had some problems. The battery went flat
on boxing day (never done that before) and I couldn't get her started. Had
to wait till the next day to get some booster cables and jump start from my
wifes car.

However after successfully jump-starting the car the intrument panel has
gone mad and the computer is just showing 'PPPP'. The speedometer works but
everything else is non-functional. The tachometer spins near randomly.

Local BMW dealer could offer no diagnosis and said I'd have to bring her in,
but can't see it till the 8th. I'd like to fix it before hand as I get
nervous driving with no petrol gauge...

Thanks in advance for any help.

Brian Bushe