E34 540i Front End Maintenance

Check the Caster setting. This is the adjustment that helps to return the
steering wheel to center

Scott

I had the upper and lower thrust arms and/or bushings replaced on my 1994
540iA. For the lower arms I used the 740i bushings. The steering is a lot
firmer now but when I turn the wheels most of the way to the left or right
the wheels will not return to center when I let go of the steering wheel.
Do you suppose I have to have the front end aligned again? My mechanic had
told me that I did not but it's not normal the way it is now. I had the car
aligned about three years ago when I bought it. I have since put about
28,000 miles on the car.
TIA,
tsp
'94 540iA