Re: E30 325ES Stiff Clutch (another possibility)

Brad,
         With regards to your stiff clutch on your 325ES - I don't know
if you have just gotten the car and it has always been stiff, or if the
problem has just started, but there is another thing to look for before
replacing the throw-out bearing. When I got my '85 535i the clutch was
very stiff as well. There is a clutch assist spring on the clutch pedal
under the dash that can be adjusted to increase or decrease the pressure
required to depress the pedal. The previous owner either didn't know
about it or had it set for maximum left-leg muscle building. If the
clutch release feels OK except for the heavy pressure and the 325 has
the same spring it might be worth a check.

                                                Rick Zimmerman