Re: bmw-digest V9 #2004

On 21 Dec 2001 at 15:37, bmw-digest wrote:

> Second, the {5351} radio won't accept the code. After the fifth digit
> it just beeps and continues to say "enter code" (or whatever the
> message is). I've had to enter the code in the past, and it took just
> fine.
>
> Any thoughts? Thanks much.
>
> Steve

Steve:

I brought the same problem/same cause re my 1985 528e radio to this
group last winter.  It would not reset no matter what.

I got all sorts of advice, which was greatly appreciated -- including
something about removing the radio and leaving it in the refrigerator
freezer for some period time, then going through a procedure I have
since forgotten.  I did not do that, in part because the car was
parked every night in an environment similar to that in my
refrigerator freezer.

Instead, I got along without the radio for a few days.  Whenever I
thought about it while driving I would enter the code -- only to he
told by the radio to enter the code.

Did this over and over, and one day it beeped and started working
just as it should have.  Not a problem since -- for almost a year.

So that is one approach for you to try.  Just keep entering the code,
day after day, while driving.

All the best,

Larry Swain
1985 528e (217 K mi, original clutch)