E30 Head Questions

I recently overheated my 325es and warped the head (car's, not mine.)  Fixed
what caused the overheat, now I am tackling the head.  I pulled eveything off
and took the head to the machine shop.  Basically doing a complete valve job
along with the machining of the surface.  I will be picking up a "good"
torque wrench to install the head.  Reading the recent thread on head bolts
makes me wonder about preparation.  My car already had the updated head
bolts.  New ones are on the way of course.  How should I prepare the block
for a fresh head?  Anything special?  I will clean the mounting surface
detailed to me by the machine shop.  In the last digest I read,  there was
something about cleaning the bolt holes.

I wish I could upgrade the car, but that puts me out of any racing class.

TIA

Rodney

This race car is turning out to be expensive.....