Re: BMW purchase advice wanted . . . buy my 540!!

> Sorry about your car.  I've was there about 10 years ago and it's not much fun.

The following, however is a gratuitous act of self promotion.  I hope the forum doesn't mind.
I have a 1995 540i that really rocks.  It's in excellent shape including a new Alusil short block just installed by a BMW dealer in the last 2000 miles.  (The old block was the Nikasil alloy and was replaced under extended warranty.)  There are only 72K miles on the whole car and it's it outstanding condition in and out.  Dark green, tan leather, sunroof, window tint, factory CD changer, and all
the other stuff that comes on the 5er.  It is an automatic but unless you've driven the 540 with this transmission you probably don't want to put it down too much, especially if you want to use it as a daily driver as well as a track car.

The prior owner (I bought it in 1996) had it on the track a couple of times and really loved it there.  I'd like to get about $19.5K out of it but will deliver it if someone doesn't want to have to drive it back from Texas (although I don't know why they wouldn't.  Driving it is a blast!!)

Anyone out there can call me (254.694.0095) or email me (bschift@domain.elided) if interested.

End of commercial.

Thanks.