Re: bmw-digest V9 #1996

Hi All,

How could you ruin the ergonomics beauty of your BMW
with electrical tape?  I find it much more elegant and
proper to cut the wires.  :)

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Seriously though, Every E30
I've seen has malfunctioning check lights, especially
the window washer level and brake lights.  I've been
tempted to unplug the whole overhead light console,
but it would be nice to know if my coolant or oil
level ever got too low.

Does anybody know if these two indicators are actually
useful and functional?  How can a car check it's oil
level with the oil circulating through the engine?

Jay Karolyi
'88 325i Cabriolet Royalblau 5-speed (109,000 miles)

or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com