RE: ANTIFREEZE MIXTURE

From: Henry Brandel <brandel_88@domain.elided>

> I was thinking of putting straight antifreeze (no mixture with water)
> into my car.

Why?

> What are the good and bad points about doing this?

I can't really think of any good points, unless your water costs more
than BMW antifreeze.

The biggest bad point is that while antifreeze is good at lowering the
freeze point of water when mixed at the proper ratio, it is not anywhere
near as good a heat transfer fluid as water.  In fact, many race cars
that will never see freezing use straight water, mixed with a few ounces
of Redline "Water Wetter", since water is the best for heat transfer.
The fact that there is no more very slippery antifreeze to spill on the
track is a nice side benefit.

Stick with the 50/50 mix with good clean water (distilled, if necessary).

Regards,
Mike Kohlbrenner