fan blade question

Hello again everyone,
Does anyone know what the difference is between the 9 and the 11 blade fan
that goes on an 89 325i fan clutch?  I ordered a fan to replace the broken 11
blade one on my car, and they are insisting that the 9 blade fan is what is
supposed to be on the car.
I have replaced the 11 blade fan on there a couple times because it keeps
hitting the radiator and losing blades.  Now I'm replacing the H2O pump early
because the bearings are shot from the fan being off balance.
I'm also doing the motor mounts, trans. mounts, and fan blade.  I will also
inspect the radiator mounts.
Is it possible that the real problem is the wrong fan was put on there.  And
the 9 blade fan is really the right one, or will the 9 blade one even fit in
the same place as an 11 blade?
Hopefully I can get an answer on this before they ship the wrong fan.
Thanks in advance,
Jake Hahn