Re: Thanks to all for help on the e28 problems

Hello all,
I have compiled all of the suggestions that I have received.  I was
overwhelmed with the willingness of digest subscribers to take time out
of their busy schedules to suggest some possible cures for my car.  Some
of the e-mails were very thorough.  I found it so helpful, I compiled all
of the suggestions and here they are:

1. main relay
2. fuel pump relay
3. air flow meter (the contact points wear and no long make contact at
all temperatures).
4. the crank position sensor could be dirty or have the wrong gap
5. the ecu could be bad (tap it to see if you can cause the stall)
6. the ignition kill function may be wrongly causing the ignition to stop
at inopportune and 	unintentional times.
7. The positive battery terminals (especially the ones leading to the
main relay could be corroded).
8. Loose grounding strap that grounds the valve cover to the fire wall
(supposed to provide 	continuity for the injectors)

If anyone else is having problems with an intermittent stall, I hope this
provides some starting points for diagnosis.

Thanks to all who responded,

James Boyd

End of bmw-digest V9 #1987