OBD problems for E46 323CI

Hi all,

I've been having this strange problem wiht my OBD.  My 323CI (made in Germany in 2000) comes with the TV minotor but no NAV.  There is a feature under settings that allows the units of measurement to be changed.  I have changed the following settings:

1) Distance to KM
2) Fuel consumption to KM/litre
3) Day and Month to dd/mm
4) year to dd/mm/01

The date and time was also changed to reflect the correct time.

The problem happens every morning after I start the car, the units of measure and date gets reset to the following:

1) Distance to Miles
2) Fuel consumption to MPG
3) Day and Month to mm/dd
4) year to dd/mm/00

Can anyone help me out of how to get these units set permanently.   Also I can't seem to set my speed sensitive volume control.

Thanks in advance.

SM