Re: Rad fan eating radiator (E-30)

In a message dated 11/30/01 12:33:06 PM Central Standard Time,
alex.fadeev@domain.elided writes:

> If two new mounts don't fix the problem you have bent lower radiator
> mounts.
> BTDT. Fix the mounts first. Than, if necessary, remove the radiator and
> introduce the lower radiator mounts to the a large sledge hammer.
>
> alex f
> '89 325i

But I'm not sure how to tell if the radiator is still being chewed on once I
fix the mounts (except that I'll break up another rad. fan).  I don't feel
like spending any more than I have to so I'd better address the rad. mounts
now.  They look like they may have been re-welded on there after the
accident, so I guess I have to have a body shop do this (I can't weld).
let me know if you have any suggestions here.
Thanks for the help,
Jake Hahn