NHTSA Headlight Study - Send your comments to NHTSA

[cross-posting to cover a wider audience]

I was checking Daniel Stern's website for some info on automotive lighting,
and ran across this note:

http://lighting.mbz.org/.nhtsa/

In summary, NHTSA is conducting a study of automotive lighting, to address
HID lighting, auxiliary lighting, and headlight height (SUVs).  They are
open for comments on these topics.
(by the way, be sure to check the excellent document that Daniel Stern
submitted:

http://www.pergolesi.demon.co.uk/dastern/wdtgcf.pdf

It makes an excellent case for NHTSA to adopt the ECE standard for lighting.

The comments that have been submitted to date can be reviewed online.  It's
amazing what some people are saying.  For example, check these out:

http://152.119.239.10/docimages/pdf71/139597_web.pdf
http://152.119.239.10/docimages/pdf71/139593_web.pdf
http://152.119.239.10/docimages/pdf71/139496_web.pdf
http://152.119.239.10/docimages/pdf73/139507_web.pdf

After reading some of the comments, I feel unsafe about driving at night -
knowing that these people are also out on the road!

- -rb